Chef Solus Top 8 Tips for Easy and Fun Family Meals
Just remember that eating together as a family is more than just a meal; the goal is to get everyone to the dinner table and to spend quality time together. Here are some strategies that can help you getting started eating together as a family unit.
8 Tips for Easy and Fun Family Meals
- Set a regular time for family meals
- Keep nutritious, wholesome foods in the house for a quick summer snack.
- Eat together as a family for at least one meal a day. Change it up and try a picnic for dinner.
- Actually, turn off the TV at mealtime so you can talk and share the events of the day.
- Try to keep family meals fun. Include children in the meal preparation and in the decision about what foods will be offered for dinner. Children feel important if they contribute to family meals.
- Eat at the table since it is easier to talk with each other, rather than in front of the TV
- Remember that it is never too late to start a routine family dinner. Just find an appropriate time that works best for your family.
- Limit the availability of high-calorie, high-sugar, high-fat foods that have little if any nutrients.
- After-school activities have to be chosen carefully in order to protect the dinner routine for most days of the week. Make shared family meals a priority.
- Introduce new foods, vegetables and fruits at mealtime.
- Set specific mealtimes by writing them on the calendar and let everyone in the family knows when dinner is served and when they must be home.