Serve up the flavors of the Southwest with this quick and easy recipe. Packed with fiber, it’s sure to spice up your dinner routine.
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided (about four)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package (10 oz.) whole wheat couscous
- 1 can (15 oz.) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
Adults: Cook 1/2 cup green onions in margarine or butter in large saucepan until tender.
Together: Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes, cumin and chili powder.
Adults: Heat to a boil; remove from heat.
Together: Stir in couscous and beans. Cover, let stand 5 minutes.
Kids: Fluff couscous mixture with a fork.
Kids: Top each serving with cheese and remaining green onions.
Thank you to our friends at The Monday Campaign for allowing Nourish Interactive to share these kid-friendly recipes.
The Monday Campaign
About this Recipe
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes