Family TIme Tips
Download our Daily Tip Family Calendar
Family Dinner Time Conversation Cards
Being together as a family builds family unity, creates wonderful memories for children and is a great way to relieve stress and instill family values.
We are happy to share our tips that promote family time with a list of:
ideas for fun activities that families can do together
promote exercise as part of family time
reminds us family time is fun time!
List of Tips That Promote Activities For the Family and Strategies For Creating Family Time
- Make a shopping list of all the foods you need and have your kids help.
- Any puzzle that taps your child's language or math skills can leave you sharp and stimulated.
- Evaluate your family’s healthy goals.
- Set aside time everyday for daily activity. Make it part of your family's routine.
- Kids learn best when it is fun. Games and stories are a fun way for kids to learn about nutrition.
- Teach your child how to find their heart rate.
- Find activities that the family can do together.
- Share activity ideas with other parents.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Have kids help with chores. It is also a good physical activity for them.
- It's Earth Day. Have the kids look up all the items that can be recycled.
- Today is YMCA Healthy Kids. Take the kids to the nearby YMCA for some fun activities. Be an active family!
- Introduce kids to games that teach them about being health.
- Check out your local community recreation center for group classes for kids and adults.
- Build healthy habits from their favoritie activities.
- Celebrate an outdoor festival. Look in your local newspaper for activities planned for kids.
- Start the day with a family stroll around the block.
- A trip to the beach or lake is always a fun activity.
- Walk to the nearest parks where they have jungle gyms. You might even want to try going down the slide with your kids.
- When planning an outing to the zoo or park, pack up washed nectarines, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and water.
- Playing catch is good fun activity and teaches eye to hand coordination.
- Take an outing to a local farmers market to teach kids about where their food comes from. See what fruits and vegetables are in season.
- Gear up the bikes and map out a nice trail ride that emphasizes the beautiful outdoors.
- Get laced up with sneakers and play classic favorites such soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, football, volleyball or even Frisbee.
- Get the kids connected with nature. Walk in the park, plant a tree, start your own garden.
- This month is Healthy Family Month. Build healthy habits together as a family this winter.
- Hiking can add excitement into your family's walking routine.
- Try bowling, the batting cage or miniature golf for some family fun.
- Plant an herb in a small potter with your child.
- Basketball is a fun activity that the whole family can do.
- Turn off the TV and play some family games.
- The greatest influence on a child’s health is their parents. The entire family needs to get up off the couch and move. Find a way to get sweaty together.
- Invite the neighborhood kids to play in an organized game or set up a family night with all the kids and adults.
- Make plans to do a family activity once a week.
- Prioritize your time with exercise, wholesome meals and family fun.
- Play a simple game with the kids. Remember tag. Its fun and very active!
- Make a list of activities your kids like to do. Have kids pick an activity, then invite their friends! Being healthy is fun.
- Go exploring outside in the backyard or nearest state park. Strike an interest by picking up some library books on nature topics to learn more about plants, insects, and birds.
- Keep a physical activity chart on your refrigerator to encourage kids to be active every day.
- Find a family activity and have fun!
- Show your kids the fun of being silly and using your imagination
- It's Autumn and the leaves are changing color. Take the kids on a nature walk and see how many different colored leaves you can find. Collect leaves and rocks that your child can use to make a collage.
- Enjoy family bonding time.